SUN LAWYERS is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy explains our practice with respect to personal information collected through this website and in response to e-mails or other invitations. We reserve the right to modify this policy from time to time. This policy does not apply to companies or entities not owned or controlled by us, or to people not employed or managed by us.
Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
We comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (the “Ordinance”). Further information can be found in the official website of the Office of the Privacy Commission (http://www.pco.org.hk).
Information collection and use
We may use your personal information collected for any of the followings:-
- to fulfill the purposes identified at the time of collection;
- to communicate with you in response to your enquires, comments and suggestions;
- to contact you otherwise when necessary;
- to improve our relations with our clients and prospective clients by contacting appropriate individuals with relevant information;
- to be provided to affiliated firms or third parties performing services for us solely for our use and benefit according to this policy;
- to improve the content of this website and related services and other analysis assisting our improvement in this website and general marketing and business development activities;
- to customize the content and/or layout of this website;
- to be provided to our website developer, and other similar services providers and their affiliates for the sole purposes of developing, hosting, managing, operating and supporting this website, and maintaining our security system;
- to protect persons or property, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, including to comply with the anti-money laundering obligations, as permitted or required by the relevant laws and regulations or as requested by the relevant government authorities;
- to be used in any acquisition, merger, restructuring, sale or other transaction involving any business associated with this website.
We always request our website developer, and other similar services providers and their affiliates to protect your privacy and not disclose your personal information to third party marketers that are not associated with this website, nor are they permitted to use your personal information for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
Save as mentioned above, we do not otherwise disclose or sell your personal information, or information identifying you or your visits to this website to any third parties unless you give us prior consent.
Retention of your personal information
We will retain your personal information only for so long as is necessary for fulfilling the any of the above purposes or for compliance with legal, regulatory, internal audit and/or record-keeping requirements. Thereafter, your personal information will be erased.
You are entitled to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. If you wish to be excluded from our list of communication for marketing purposes, please notify us by e-mail at this email address: email@example.com and we shall respect your wish.
This website may contain links to and from other websites. If you follow any such link, these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please check these policies before submitting any personal information to these websites.
We have security systems to ensure your personal information is not subject to unauthorized access. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your personal information. However, no security system can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Therefore, while we try to protect your personal information as far as possible, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for your computer security at all times.
Your access to and correction of personal information
You have the right to check whether we hold data about you, to request access to and correction of those data collected by us. You should address your requests to our [Human Resources Department] through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or post at our office address. We are entitled to charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access or correction requests as permitted under the Ordinance.